Pages

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Boot Sucking Mud

Well today I turned the corner on my bedroom project.  I am not finished, but with a little help from Harland I will be.  My dresser is cleaned off and I even got the walls washed today!  I think tomorrow I will be able to wrap it up and move on.  Yeahhhhhhh!  I haven’t yet been able to make myself go back out to the storage building again.  If not, I still have plenty to do here in the house.  I just hate to start something else.  I need to give myself that 'just good enough' talk again!

Harland put another roast on the smoker this afternoon.  He sliced it or probably more like shaved it.  I made a horseradish sauce to go on it.  It was so good.  We will be eating some roast beef sandwiches this week!  I also made those roast potatoes I was telling you about.  They turned out nicely, but still just not exactly what I was wanting.  I guess I will have to keep searching for that just right recipe.  

It has been nice to see the sunshine for the past couple of days.  That is until it clouded up this afternoon.  I walked out to the barn this morning (before more rain) and again the mud about sucked my boots off.  Isn't there a horror movie about something reaching up out of the mud and sucking someone under! It is so nasty, but I will never complain about rain again.  Not after the drought we had a few years ago.  I'll just take what the good Lord gives us and work with it.

I mentioned that I walked to the barn this morning.  Before I even combed my hair.  Harland was looking out the window toward the barn and said he thought he saw some feathers by the gate.  So I went to check it out.  Looks like something got one of my comet hens again.  Not sure if it happened last night or this morning.  I just hate that.  Everyone else seemed to be okay. 




Back in the fall I took some pictures of JoCasta and Charlie.  It was nap time by the time we got started.  She just did not want to look at the camera.  But I got a few good shots anyway.  I've looked through them, but haven't really had a chance to study them.  I thought I would share a few of them with you in closing.  These are some of my favorites so far.


 

No comments: