Pages

Saturday, February 11, 2012

In A Blurrrrr

How about this crazy weather?  I thought March was in like a lion and out like a lamb!  It's only February!  If you spent any time outside today you know with a little cool and moisture in the air the wind can rip right through you.  I went to the barn this morning and checked on my little white silkie.  She hatched two chicks this week.  She had them tucked up under her wings and everyone seemed content.  I tried to make sure everyone else was tucked in so I wouldn't have much to do once the wind set in and the temperature started dropping.  I had to re-staple the plastic wind break in the breezeway.  The wind had blown the bottom loose. Hopefully it won't rip it off the staples again.

I broke my glasses yesterday.  So I was trying to make do with some reading glasses I had here.  Then I went outside and lost my readying glasses.  I am not keeping it together too well.  I went out in the wind and looked around for them, but never found them.  Harland found them later.  I'm not sure why he found them out near the cars.  I don't even remember going out that way.  We made a trip to Walmart to see if I could get my real glasses fixed.  Thank goodness they did and they even straightened them up too.  Now I don't look like my face is lopsided anymore!


We've been having problems with our internet for about a week now.  It will come on then go off.  Usually goes off when trying to work on my blog.  Not sure if it is our wireless modem or the telephone company.  I hate the thought of trying to hook up another wireless modem.  I am not very sharp at electronic gadgets and struggled when I hooked up the first one.  But, will have to get something done soon.

I took some pullets to be sold last night.  I am still trying to whittle down the number of chickens to feed.  Now I have 14 pullets.  I still got 7 eggs today, so I think we should have enough eggs to keep the kids, mom and ourselves in eggs.  I also have some of the cutest little bard rock cochens.  They are so friendly.  A friend gave me the silkie hen that just hatched the chicks this week and a rooster.  But she also came with nine eggs and hatched all of them back in the fall.  There were 8 pullets and 1 cockerel.  He said she was a laying and hatching machine.  Now I believe it.  So in return I gave a friend 3 of the little bard rock cochen pullets last night.  I hope she likes them and enjoys them as much as I have.









Harland smoker/grill project is almost finished.  They finished laying the rock yesterday.  Now he is waiting on Calvin to finish the door and they still need to work on the grates.  I think there are 18 days and counting down until he can fire it up.  I think it's going to be full when he does because everyone is putting in their orders.  Personally I am looking forward to some chicken.  But he can try out the grill side for that.  Um Ummmm.  But for now we just have to clean up the mess.

Did I forget to tell you about our new windows in the basement?  Bill came yesterday and finished the trim.  Now I have to do some painting.  I haven't taken pictures yet.  But I will get some loaded so you can see them.  It looks so good.  Just in time to keep out all the wind!   I'm hoping I can get him back soon to put up another shelf in the panty and I have a leak under the sink down there that needs to be fixed.

My project in the storage building is coming along nicely.  I have most of the stuff on the floor cleared away.  I just need to work on some organization.  I need to get some clear containers.  I don't know why I didn't get them when I was at Walmart today.  Just not thinking I suppose.  I was just so happy to get my glasses fixed. We made a trip to Goodwill already.  I know I will need to make at least one more trip if not more.

I put on a big pot of pinto beans yesterday morning.  I had planned on feeding it to the guys for lunch, but they didn't get done.  I don't know why but it seemed like they would never get tender.  I cooked them some more last night.  So that's what Harland and I had for supper tonight.  He wanted some chicken in gravy and rice.  So we had that too.  Some of that good old southern comfort food on a cold windy winter night. It was a really good supper suggestion.

No comments: