Pages

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Country Girls Getting Down on the Farm

Does anyone feel badly for the 1.25 billion chickens now handicapped due to the super bowl celebration?  I just came from the barn and was happy to see none of my chicken friends lost a wing today.  So relieved!



What a nice day we had yesterday, Charlotte and Bella made a visit to the farm.  It was Bella's first visit.  Bella is a happy little baby.  She greeted me with big smiles when she got here.  She had a lot to say and more smiles as I talked with her.  Seems like she knew exactly what I was talking about.  We got to rock a little and cuddle.  It's so hard to believe Charlotte was as little as Bella now.  Infancy just goes by to fast.


Of course, Charlotte brought Bubba and Niny with her. Bubba is Charlotte's stuffed pig and she does not leave home without it.  I asked her if Bubba was a girl or a boy and she said he is a boy.  Niny is a dolphin and gets to travel with them too.  But given a choice of either Bubba or Niny, Bubba wins hands down. She also brought her new little cow that she got for Christmas.  He sings "Bust a Mooooov", to which she will dance.  But she didn't this time.  She made two trips to the barn. Once with me and again later with Harland.  Don't know what we would do if she didn't help us with chores when she is here.  She asked about Clabber and was looking for him.  I didn't know what to say, so I just let that question slide.  She also had her first outing with Papa alone.  They went to Yadkinville to the Lowe's grocery store to get shrimp for supper.  They also came home with Animal Crackers and milk to make chocolate milk.  Wayne and JoCasta try to limit her sweets, as they should.  So they are good sports when she is here and they just shake their heads.

Charlotte has really started talking lately.  Making short sentences.  Yesterday she mostly just repeated everything I said.  She has a good spirit and is generally a happy child and keeps a smile on her face.  At one point when she said yep in answering a question, I told her to say yes ma'am.  She said, okay yes ma'am.   Nothing was said about it for awhile until I reminded her again to say yes ma'am.  She just smiled.  A little more time rocked on and out of the blue she answered to Wayne and said yes ma'am daddy!  Well that was just funny and we all laughed!  As Charlotte and I were walking to the barn I told her that mommy is a ma'am and daddy is a sir.  She listened and repeated what I said, yes ma'am mommy, yes sir daddy.  So okay I think she has it.  But, as the afternoon rocked on she continued to say yes ma'am daddy.  I'm pretty sure she got it, but I think it may have been the laugh she got from all of us each time she said yes ma'am daddy!  She's a clown.

It seemed like as soon as they got here it was time to leave.  The time goes by so fast when they are here.  But everyone was tired and they still had a two hour drive in front of them.  After all the hugs and saying goodbye to everyone and the cows and the dogs and the chickens, they were gone.  After the days activities the house was quiet.  We will see them in a couple of weeks for the birthday bash.  I just had my birthday. Wayne, Chris and Wayne's mom Peggy have birthdays in February and Jon has a birthday in March.  My dad's birthday was in March too.  So we just get together and celebrate with on party.

 In March Wayne and JoCasta are going to a wedding in Mexico.  So Harland and I get the kids for a week.  Looking forward to spending some extra time with them. Wish me luck!

So Franklin and Butch should be back tomorrow to work on the smoker/grill.  Hoping this week will be the end of this project so we can get cleaned up.

3 comments:

Wayne and JoCasta Britt said...

We were all sad to leave too. We know Charlotte never truly leaves since she talks to anyone that will listen about Papa, Nana, cows, chickens, eggs, and now animal crackers. Charlotte took a "kids table" of food to the Super Bowl party last night and she took her animal crackers with 'dipit' (caramel and peanut butter). She still has plenty of crackers, but they were a hit (some of the other kids were asking if they could have some of "her" animal crackers so it was a real ice breaker for her to make some new little friends). She was the only kid that stayed for the second half so she got lots of extra attention.

Henni Penni said...

Sounds like she had a fun night. Kids table was a good idea and 'Dipit' sounds good too!
I am sure Papa, Charlie and Bella have a lot more adventures ahead. So happy the first was memorable for her. xoxoxoxo Love Nana!

amber said...

Can't wait to see those big girls in a couple of weeks!!!