Pages

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Images

As I've been going through all the clutter I've found a lot of pictures.  Old ones and newer ones, color ones and black and white, glossy and matte.  Isn't it just amazing...when we are living these moments we've captured on film it seems we will never forget them.  But you do, I do. 
                        My dad with me on his uncle's horse Sandy

     Our wedding!  Gosh, we don't look very happy in this picture!  But, we were!

                    This is one of my most favorite pictures.


I had just come from inside my grandparents home and it is in really bad shape.  My aunt caught me in a moment.




Most of my pictures are now on my computer.  I don't create a lot of prints.  Occasionally, I will print some if one of the girls requests it or if I want to put one in a frame.  Remember when you had to take film to be processed.  You had to wait a serious amount of time before they were returned.  Ah, the anticipation of revisiting the events you were hoping to capture with your camera. The wait made it so exciting.  Then you couldn't wait until you could share with friends and family. But, not until you removed any unflattering pictures of yourself!  Right!  
                      Charlotte at her 1st birthday party.

        I caught Audrey winking at me just as I clicked the shutter!

Aren't pictures a blessing?  Well probably most of the time.  Except when you are sporting those kitty cat glasses from the 1960's, an 80's hair do or before you lost weight (it's a good pic if it's before you gained weight).  You see what I mean.  Most people don't want to look at pictures of themselves.  Isn't it funny how you never like pictures of yourself...it doesn't look like you, or the way you want to look.  But, everyone else looks great in the picture and they think you look great too!  Or maybe you are like me...your behind the camera, so you don't have a lot of pictures of yourself.  Coincidence? 



I still get excited about looking back through my digital pictures.  You just can't compare the pictures taken with the older cameras to the quality of the images we produce now with a digital camera.  With the digital cameras you can choose if you want your image in black and white or color.  You can correct the red eye and straighten the picture.  Amazing where photo technology has brought us.  I heard recently that Kodak has gone out of business.  Who would ever have imagined that! 


I've also found several CD/DVD's were not labeled.  So I have been pulling them up on my computer to see what there is to find.  Among the images I found were a DVD of my dad's 70th birthday party, JoCasta's wedding in St. Johns, Harland in the arena riding Clabber and various sports activities that Amber and Audrey were involved with.  Looking back through pictures gives us the opportunity to remember and relive the cherished moments in our lives and the lives of the ones we love.  I have heard many say they wish they could go back in time .  Well you can't....unless you just have an exceptionally great memory or you're looking at a picture!  Do it... pull out those old pictures and share them with your family or a friend.  Relive some of your greatest moments!


Charlotte with Barney Fife (look alike)

3 comments:

amber said...

Mom, I love these. I especially love your and dad's wedding picture. You're beautiful.

Belva said...

Terri Jo...I so enjoy your blog. You have a gift for capturing the right moments and then sharing your thoughts and feelings with us. I especially love your title. It truly defines you and all the love you have for others. As I sit here tonight reading with my hot chocolate in hand, the stress of the day leaves me and I focus on past memories with your family and similiar ones I have shared as "his wife and their mother". Thanks friend...and goodnight.

Henni Penni said...

Thank you Amber and Belva!