Pages

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Pathways

On the Farm...
Do you ever wonder why someone walks into your life at any given time?  Maybe it's a stranger, acquaintance or old friend.  Maybe you haven't given it much thought.  There is no question that God puts people in our path for very specific reasons.  Maybe not even evident at the moment our paths cross.  However, it can't be by coincidence, but will become evident in God's time and not ours.

Example...For years I was sad that I had lost touch with my best friend from high school.  I had moved and was living out of state for many years before moving back to North Caroling in 1990. I had wondered where she was and what she was doing with her life.  In early (2010) I began to seriously search for her.  I assumed she had married making it difficult because I had no idea who she had married.  While searching I found an interesting obituary and a successful clue to her married name.  A couple of phone calls later and I found myself talking to her on the phone. Over the course of conversation we found unbelievably that we had been living in the same county for years.  However, during that time our paths did not cross.

In March of 2010, not long after locating my friend, my dad past away.  Within a little over a year he had survived two aortic anurisums and two extreme surgeries.  It had been a very difficult year prior to his death with many ups and downs.   During these very sad times, I found myself looking forward to a class reunion that was planned in October.  I wanted to go, but was extremely nervous about seeing everyone after so many years.  Probably not an unusual reaction. In July before the reunion my friend invited me to come to her July 4th cookout. I had the opportunity to see her again for the first time.  What a joyous and happy moment for me.  I also was able to meet other classmates at the cookout that were planning the reunion.  It was great to see them and get reaquainted. 




So you are probably wondering where I am going with all my rambling.  I was just thinking this morning about why and when God puts specific people in our path.  To learn my friend had lived so close to me for so many years and God did not reveal her to me during that time.  However, He chose to place her in my path when I most needed her.  What a blessing to have her back in my life!



Finding and connecting with so many other classmates and sharing our families, activities, pictures...our lives is a blessing to me.  I was also thinking, I wonder who's path God has placed me in.  I pray they find Jesus in me and our crossing will be a blessing to them as well.

I want to shout out to a special classmate who is an inspiration to me and keeping the faith and sharing with all...Denise you too are a blessing!

God Bless you if you are reading this post, I pray God will bless you today in most special way.  Reach out to a friend.  They might need you today.

No comments: