Pages

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

I love spring!

The weekend was so beautiful.  I am just going to ignore today's weather and share pictures from a sunny day!  Saturday, Harland was spreading gravel on the back side of the new hay shed.  There will be a small holding pen there.  The alley along the arena will allow access to the hay shed from three of the four pastures. It's looking good.  Here are the latest pictures.
Harland and Daisy taking a break


I helped spread the gravel in the alley.  The tractor was too wide.  I got an upper body workout and a sunburn on my neck.  



We have an injury we have been treating this weekend.  The other chicks were pecking at his wing.  Its lonely in the smaller brooder box alone. :(  The wing looks better already.     







Here is one of the honeybee foragers on Henbit.  Her bags are filled with red pollen.  I wish I knew where she found it.  I noticed there are dandelions along the driveway.  Hoenybees love them and the pink flower below too. I have known it as a Fringe Bush, but found out it is actually a variety of Witch Hazel.

Honeybee  loaded down with red pollen, visiting the abundant Henbit along the garden fence.  



Fringe Bush - Witch Hazel

I love spring!



1 comment:

james Dugger said...

Looks nice there Terri... Haven't met u yet Harland bug or going great there with ur better half